CeramaZirc Ultra Tough HIP
Advanced High Fracture Toughness Zirconia Composite
Dubbed ‘ceramic steel’ Zirconia (ZrO2) ceramic materials offer a combination of high hardness, wear and corrosion resistance while still maintaining one of the highest figures for fracture toughness amongst ceramic materials.
CeramaZirc Ultra Tough HIP is an advanced zirconia-based ceramic composite material based on partially stabilised zirconia and alumina platelets and is the latest and toughest composite to be introduced by Precision Ceramics.
- Use temperatures up to 1500°C
- Remarkably high fracture toughness and impact resistance while maintaining above average values for bending strength and hardness.
- Toughening by crack deflection provided by unique microstructure of alumina platelets in a partially stabilised zirconia matrix.
- Hot isostatically pressed (HIP’ed) for superior strength and reliability.
- No compromise between bending strength, hardness and fracture toughness.
- Increased resistance to hydrothermal ageing through Ceria partial stabilisation